BUSINESS & COMMERCIAL LAW
The firm’s business & commercial attorneys are experienced and focused on
handling clients’ business & commercial affairs, efficiently and cost effectively. Our
Business and Commercial law practice involves among others advising local and
foreign business entrepreneurs/investors on:-
• Setting up appropriate business vehicles/registration of Companies
• Corporate Governance matters generally
• Business operational aspects such as Contracts generally
• Regulatory frameworks & licensing
• Resolution of Business/Commercial conflicts & disputes
Sample commercial/Business transactions where the firm acts/has acted in advisory
• Corporate legal advisor in connection to business and commercial ventures
of a Japanese Trading Company dealing in Importation & Exportation of
• Advised a local Microfinance Institution in connection with restructuring of its
legal status to a plc.
• Acted as Transaction advisor to a Micro Deposit Institution regulated by the
Central Bank on two disposition of shares transactions involving compliance
issues with Micro Finance Deposit Taking Institution Act.
• Issuing legal opinions on commercial transactions & compliance issues relating
to the business affairs of a whole sale lending institution headquartered in
• Corporate legal advisor to two Chinese investment, developers and
Construction firms on matters of Corporate Governance.
Contact Attorney: Nambogo Roy (Managing Partner) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Contact Attorney: Musoke Ronald (Senior Associate) Email: email@example.com
BANKING & FINANCE LAW
Practice in the Law field of Banking & Finance broadly involves advising clients
on matters of Regulatory compliance, Legal risks & operational risks, and
Banking business generally which in Uganda is big in the Financing area. The
Banking sector in Uganda extends to Islamic Banking, Agency Banking and
The managing partner of the firm leads a team of attorneys experienced
in the field of Banking. She herself worked as in house counsel at one of the
biggest regional banks in Uganda which experience bolsters support to over five
Financial Institutions currently represented by the Firm of which, three are leading
local commercial Banks, one is an International Commercial Bank, and one is
a regional Commercial Bank. The Firm is also retained by three Microfinance
Institutions all regulated/Supervised by the Central Bank of Uganda.
The firm’s attorneys act/have acted as legal advisors to:-
• A whole sale lending institution as advisor in its lending business and in
connection with USD ($) 2Million bridging finance facility.
• Three leading commercial Banks to facilitate and secure their lending
interests covering an aggregate financing portfolio of over USD ($)
• One regional commercial Bank to facilitate and secure its lending
interests covering a financing portfolio of over USD ($) 5Million.
• One International Bank to facilitate and secure its lending interests
covering a financing portfolio of over USD ($) 5Million.
Contact Attorney: Nambogo Roy Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
LABOR AND EMPLOYMENT MATTERS
Our practice in this field of law is complimentary to thriving practices in Banking
& Finance law; & Business/Commercial Law. We are dedicating experienced
legal skill to serve our growing clientele which comprises small, medium
and large Corporates by supporting them to comply with Employment laws
and Regulations governing their workplaces. We can now handle labor/
employment issues ranging from structuring of internal Human Resource
Policies, employment benefits, workplace safety and employment litigation
We acted for:-
• A Microfinance Institution (MDI) regulated by the Central Bank of
Uganda in connection with advising on the legal risk & management
of employees during a major restructure of the Institution.
• A Japanese Trading Company and a Whole Sale Lending Institution in
connection with drafting and reviewing their Human Resource Policies.
• A whole sale lending Institution in connection with management of
its staff benefits scheme and advising on legal risk associated with
termination of employees.
Contact Attorney: Angellah Nabakka. Email: email@example.com Contact Attorney: Musoke Ronald Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
PROPERTY & REAL ESTATE
Land & property are major investments, as such, our attorneys thoroughly review
transactions to dispose or acquire land/property to ensure adequate protection
to our valued clients. Whether individual(s) or Corporates looking to buy/sell their
land/home/commercial properties, the firm’s attorneys pay attention to detail
in reviewing, negotiating and executing land/real estate
We do represent:-
• A Chinese construction and development Company as transactional
advisors in connection with a multi million Dollar real estate (Mirembe
Villas) development at Kigo, Wakiso District, Uganda.
• Foreign purchasers as local transactional advisors in connection with
their purchase of off-plan condos at “Jakana Heights” development at
Konge Makindye Division, Kampala District, Uganda.
• Two foreign Companies incorporated in Uganda dealing import and
export of agricultural produce in connection with acquisition land under
leasehold tenure for silos, packaging and storage in Uganda.
Contact Attorney: Nambogo Roy Email: email@example.com Contact Attorney: Musoke Ronald Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Contact Attorney: Angellah Nabakka. Email: email@example.com
ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOL UTION (ADR) AND LITIGATION
In this area of practice, we advise individual(s)/Corporates in connection with
resolving disputes through adversarial and non-adversarial avenues. Clients
are guided on the best mode of achieving success on each case with more
emphasis placed on out of Court negotiations, mediation, or Arbitration as
effective and alternative method of settling disputes.
Our attorneys handle clients’ cases with utmost professionalism, skill and diligence
until logical conclusion of each case. We have successfully sued on behalf of
financial institutions to recover bad/written off debts.
Contact Attorney: Angellah Nabakka. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org